It's easy to become a member of DuGood!
Anyone who lives, works, or worships in Chambers, Hardin, Jasper, Jefferson, Liberty, Newton, Orange, or Tyler County is eligible to join.
Please have the following information on hand before you begin opening your new account:
- Current Driver's License
- Current Email Address
- Social Security Number
- A funding method (debit card, credit card, or an ACH Debit from a checking or savings account you have with another financial institution)
There are a few requirements to open an account through our online membership application. You must be able to acknowledge the following:
As part of federal regulation intended to fight funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, all financial institutions must obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account, including employment/retirement information.
What this means to you is we must ask for name, physical address, date of birth, and other information necessary to verify your identity when opening your account. We may also ask to see other forms of identification such as your driver's license.
Please know we value your privacy and your information will be protected.
- The Tax Identification/Social Security Number entered is the correct taxpayer identification number (or I am waiting for a number to be issued), and
- I am not subject to backup withholding because:
- I am exempt from backup withholding, or
- I have not been notified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that I am subject to backup withholding as a result of a failure to report all interest or dividends, or
- the IRS has notified the Account Owner that it is no longer subject to backup withholding, and
- I am a U.S. citizen or other U.S. person
- I am exempt from FACTA reporting. The IRS does not require your consent to any provision of this document other than the certifications required to avoid backup withholding.