Hoping for a set of car keys in your stocking this Christmas? Surprising someone you love? Buying a car for Christmas is a pretty bold move. It’s not like you can run to Target and return it if it’s not the right color.
So, how do you know if a vehicle is the right fit for you? Research, research, research! Here are 11 things to look for as you begin your auto buying adventure.
- Is the price right? Find your dream car’s true value by searching NADA and Kelly Blue Book. And, don’t forget to browse GrooveCar to see what discounts you can get locally.
- Let your lifestyle lead you! Do you have a growing family and need room for strollers or car seats? Do you plan to tow a boat or enjoy outdoor activities like camping or fishing?
- What kind of gas mileage does the vehicle get?
- How are the vehicle’s safety ratings?
- Can the vehicle be serviced locally, or will you have to travel for maintenance and repairs?
- What do the consumer ratings and reports say about the vehicle?
- What accessories and options are available?
- Do you know the invoice price versus the MSRP or “sticker price” for the vehicles you are interested in?
- Are there any rebates available? Be sure to check the manufacturer’s website.
- What are people saying about the dealerships in your area? Look for reviews online and ask family and friends to share their experiences.
- How much will insurance cost for the vehicles that interest you? Shop around and get quotes.
How DuGood Can Help
Buying a car is a big investment. But, it doesn’t have to feel overwhelming! If you’re in the process of shopping for your next vehicle, download our Auto Buyers Guide today. It makes a great road map as you navigate the twists and turns of your auto buying journey. Happy Holidays everyone!